Innovative Product Owner with 5 years’ experience in building great digital products. Talent for leading multi-functional teams that solve problems in challenging environments. Uses data and best practices to build, prioritize, and execute a product vision and roadmap to solve user problems and meet business goals. Accustomed to adopting and mastering new technologies quickly. Uses interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to develop strong relationships.
- Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Lean Startup Strategies
- Leadership Experience
- Strategic Thinking and Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration and Cross-Functional Expertise
- User Experience and Process Improvements
- User Acceptance Testing
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
- Basic knowledge of SQL, HTML, CSS, PHP, Java
Product Manager, Answer Financial, Aug 2015 – Present
Responsible for creating and managing several key B2B and B2C products used by marketing partners and consumers for one of the largest insurance agencies in the United States. Work with internal and external stakeholders to define each product’s vision and roadmap. Develop functional requirements and negotiate statements of work with external contractors. Break features down into user stories and acceptance criteria for product backlog. Guide cross-functional SCRUM teams to accomplish goals.
- Built from scratch a reporting portal in use for over 40 marketing partners to access next-day program performance and marketing materials.
- Spearheaded a partner-onboarding automation that eliminated several labor-intensive touch points and reduced the setup time from 3 weeks to 15 minutes.
- Increased usage of customer referral site by over 150% by implementing important feature enhancements based on quantitative and qualitative feedback from site users.
- Conducted organization research and created partner on-boarding business model that identified opportunities for significant cost savings.
- Redesigned consumer website’s return user sequence and first-time log-in processes, simplifying the process to bring the experience inline with insurance industry standards.
- Acted as product liaison with key business partner to promote better cross-product implementations and support.
- Negotiated statements of work with external vendor, ensuring projects were completed on time and under budget.
Product Manager, CAP60, Oct 2012 – Aug 2015
Responsible for managing industry-leading SaaS solution utilized by over 200 non-profit agencies in over 40 states, US Virgin Islands, and Canada.
- Managed team of 3 employees that worked on more than 30 development and organizational projects, including a website redesign, training and marketing material refresh and several competitor assessments.
- Worked with existing users, potential clients, and developers to create and launch new product features, creating exciting opportunities to expand product’s capabilities and market reach.
- Conducted 5 annual Regional User Conferences attended by over 100 attendees.
- Designed and executed new agency implementation plan used by Sales and Support teams to onboard new customers to the CAP60 solution.
- Communicated software capabilities to internal staff, non-profit executives, and government officials through in person and online pitches, helping close dozens of new business contracts each year.
- MS, Information Technology (Database Design Emphasis), Southern New Hampshire University, 2013-2015
- Spring 2016 Outstanding Student in the Masters of Science in Information Technology program
- BS, Science Education (Physics Emphasis), The University of Arizona, 2001 – 2006
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, July 2016