Innovative Product Owner with over 4 years’ experience in building great digital products. Talent for leading multi-functional teams that solve problems in challenging environments. Commonly utilizes data and best practices in decision-making process. Accustomed to adopting and mastering new technologies quickly. Uses interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to develop strong relationships.
- Agile/Scrum Development
- Leadership Experience
- Strategic Thinking and Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration and Cross-Functional Expertise
- User Experience and Process Improvements
- User Acceptance Testing
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
Product Manager, Answer Financial, Aug 2015 – Present
Responsible for creating and managing several key B2B and B2C products used by marketing partners and consumers for one of the largest insurance agencies in the United States. Work with internal and external stakeholders to define each product’s vision and roadmap. Develop functional requirements and negotiate statements of work with external contractors. Break features down into user stories and acceptance criteria for product backlog. Guide cross-functional SCRUM teams to accomplish goals.
- Built from scratch a reporting portal in use for over 30 marketing partners to access next-day program performance and marketing materials.
- Conducted organization research and created partner onboarding business model that identified opportunities for significant cost savings.
- Spearheaded a partner-onboarding overhaul that eliminated several labor-intensive touch points and reduced the setup time from 3 weeks to 15 minutes.
- Redesigned consumer website’s return user sequence and first-time log-in processes, simplifying the process to bring the experience inline with insurance industry standards.
- Negotiated statements of work with external vendor, ensuring projects were completed on time and under budget.
Product Manager, CAP60, Oct 2012 – Aug 2015
Responsible for managing industry-leading SaaS solution utilized by over 200 non-profit agencies in over 40 states, US Virgin Islands, and Canada.
- Managed team of 3 employees that worked on more than 30 development and organizational projects.
- Formulated design specifications for new product features, creating exciting opportunities to expand product’s capabilities and market reach.
- Conducted annual Regional User Conferences attended by over 100 attendees in 4 states.
- Designed and executed new agency implementation plan used by Sales and Support teams to onboard new customers to the CAP60 solution.
- Communicated software capabilities to internal staff, non-profit executives, government officials through in person and online pitches, helping close dozens of new business contracts each year.